Oliver Patrick: Four Months Old

Posted by Amy Evelyn Oden , Friday, December 5, 2014 6:24 PM

Somehow I can't believe I'm typing "four months" in relation to Oliver.  He got stuck in my brain at three months and now I'm in denial that he's aging past that point at all.  I still want to tell people he's three months old when they ask, and I still am trying to squeeze him into three month size clothes even though he has the gall to be fitting into six month size at present (I think the clothes are small for six months...right?).

This sweet boy commands a room with his smile.  The beginnings of his belly laughs are enough to cause warring factions to lay down their arms...or at least wash away Mama's pervasive feelings of exhaustion for a few seconds.  He has the church ladies wrapped around his little finger and always draws a crowd of admirers at greeting time.  Aside from some teething grumpiness and groaning, he's all sweetness & coos & delight & joy and such a dear gift to us.

At his four month check-up, Big O weighed in at 16 lbs 7 oz and measured 26" in length. (This is 2 lbs 4 oz and 1 1/4" bigger than V was at four months...no wonder my back hurts all the time!)  He's in great health and hitting all the developmental markers, as well as charming his nurse and doctor with his cuteness :-).

He's on the cusp of flipping from back to belly (having conquered belly to back a couple weeks ago) and he's grabbing toys with both hands and pulling them to his mouth now, and making moves towards pulling himself from angled to sitting, which all seems too grown up for a three month old.  Oh yeah.  That's 'cause he's four months old.  :::sigh:::

 Flannel for Four Months


 I'm considering getting him into modeling after this pose... ;-)

2 Response to "Oliver Patrick: Four Months Old"

Anonymous Says:

believe it or not, that is me and I am turning eight now

Post a Comment