Week Thirty-Six with Vianne

Posted by Amy Evelyn Oden , Friday, December 21, 2012 9:36 PM

Because this Mama was busy this week doing stuff like...finishing our stockings...

...and making cookies...
...with my trusty assistant :-)...
...I confess, I was too preoccupied to remember to take a lot of photos.  Other than Christmas preparations, this week was about...hand-me-downs!  We got a big box of warm clothes & pretty dresses from Aunt Emily this week.  Here is Vianne both wearing some and checking out the rest.
Sporting another such outfit and showing off her standing skills
This hilarious series was taken just after I was reading about the unthinkably tragic massacre in Connecticut.  I was rather emotional and I stuck Vianne in her pack n' play so I could go into the kitchen for a moment.  When I came back out, she was doing these faces on the side of the pack n' play...and I was laughing so hard - through tears - and praised God for this precious little life of joy even as I grieved for the parents who had lost their little ones.


On Saturday, Granma & Grandpa joined us at Altadena Baptist Church for an artistic Advent service where I had been invited to sing two of my songs, "Wake, O Sleeper!" and "Toward The Light".  I left early to rehearse and then Patrick came with his parents and Vianne later, and they had gotten her dressed in a hand-me-down from cousin Margot.  It was such a sweet thing to have her show up looking so very pretty!  The service was very worshipful and we all had a great time - and Vianne made all the attendees smile!
In the previous week's post, I mentioned Vianne's penchant for preaching. I finally got one of her "sermons" on video!  I think this might be her take on "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God"...but I'm still working on my interpretation gift...;-)

1 Response to "Week Thirty-Six with Vianne"

Marie Says:

I am amazed at her insights and delivery! And to think that she's my granddaughter! O my stars!! Praise the God Who forgives and delivers and inspires! Your Granma loves you dearly, Vianne Rose!!

Post a Comment